New Year's Resolutions
Perhaps out of the box, but humor me.
1. Make a list of ten things your heart longs for and expect that they will happen.
2. Go away for a three day weekend with friends, even if it means pulling out a credit card and begging folks to help with your kids.
3. Make yourself call a family member once a month that you don’t speak to all that often and at the end of the year, acknowledge the difference it has made.
4. Do NOT vow to lose weight or exercise. Instead, think of three ways you can make your body and mind both stronger and kinder.
5. Have lunch with a friend, an old friend, a new friend, a mediocre friend and listen more than you talk.
6. Spend a night with your parents, if they’re still around, and treat them like they are the most important people in the world.
7. Make a point, no matter how hard, to take each of your children to do something special, just the two of you.
8. Have a family sleepover in the den and if you’re a grandparent, invite your little people to spend the night and know that the memory will stay with them.
9. Cry in front of your children so that they may see the hard truth of the world, but that tears don’t mean you’re defeated.
10. Make sure to start a few days here and there empty of plans, so that you can experience the joy of the unexpected.
Now, this is a list I can do. ❤️